I practically live in my kitchen, either coming up with recipes, trying new one or making old ones. I just love everything about cooking. Love the sizzling of the meat in the pan, love the smell of shallots in butter and the aroma of a braised beef. I know some people think it’s funny, but I get goose bumps when I see a beautiful dish. I woke up this morning craving for a stew. So I made two, Curry chicken which is one my daughter’s favorite and Beef Bourguignon which I’ll be posting soon. I hope you enjoy it.
I alway have all the ingredients ready before I start any dish. That’s how we had to do in school. It’s so much easier to have everything handy so you won’t forget anything.
Start by heating a heavy pot. and and heat the oil.
Add the garlic and chicken and brown it all sides.
Add the onion. and brown it.
Add curry paste and ginger and mix to coat the chicken and onions. Cook for about 1 minute.
Add Sweet potatoes, cauliflower and chicken stock and cook for about 5 minutes. Then add the coconut milk and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
Add the chopped cilantro and serve it with steamed rice.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp yellow curry paste
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion Sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic ( about 2 cloves)
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium-sized carrots (sliced)
- 200ml chicken stock
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan
- Brown the chicken with garlic and add the onion.
- Stir in the curry pasted ginger and cook it for about 1 minute.
- Add sweet potatoes, carrots and cauliflower and stir to coat in the paste
- Pour in the stock and cook for about 5 minutes
- Add coconut milk and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish it with cilantro and serve it with rice.